The purpose of LeadershipCCAR is to provide REALTORS® with the tools necessary to aspire to leadership positions within the Coastal Carolinas Association of REALTORS® by educating and providing a better understanding of the internal workings of the local and state real estate organizations, the Real Estate Commission, local government, and community organizations that impact the real estate industry.
Who may participate?
LCCAR is open to any REALTOR® member within the Coastal Carolinas Association of REALTORS®. Applications are then reviewed by the LCCAR Selection Committee to choose 12 interested, enthusiastic, and concerned individuals who have a desire to offer his/her time and dedication to improving the Association.
What are the Criteria for Participation?
- Two years experience in the real estate industry
- Must be in good standing with the Coastal Carolinas Association of REALTORS®
- Commitment to participate in at least one Committee during 2019
- Completed online application
- Candidates will make themselves available, in person at CCAR for a brief interview with the Selection Committee
- The LeadershipCCAR program will meet for nine, one business day long seminars
- There will be one overnight stay and candidates will be required to attend area committee meetings (i.e.; School Board, City Council meetings) when scheduled to attend as a group by CCAR.
- Attendance Policy: Candidates may not miss any sessions. A maximum of one make up session in the following year will be allowed in order to matriculate through the program in the following year
- Must have recommendation from Broker-in-Charge
- Limited to 12 members
- Agent/BIC Commitment: The applicant and their BIC acknowledge the time commitment necessary to complete the program by signing application
- A commitment to participate as a volunteer in the annual Legislative Pig Pickin’
What is the cost of the program?
Cost is $400 to participate, payable to CCAR by January 24, 2019.
Classes are held one full day on the last Thursday of each month from January to September, graduation TBD.
For more information, please call Kathleen Pinson at 843-626-3638, ext. 8061.
The 2018 Leadership Deadline for submitting applications has passed. To join in 2019 applications must be received by December 31, 2018.
You may apply by using the form below.
Please complete each section fully.