|CCAR is committed to holding our REALTOR® members to the highest standards of ethical, professional and fair business practices.
Filing a complaint
The Code of Ethics of the NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF REALTORS® is the promise to the public that when dealing with a real estate agent that is a REALTOR®, you can expect honest and ethical treatment in all transaction related matters. Only REALTORS® pledge to abide by the Association’s Code of Ethics and only REALTORS® are held accountable for their ethical behavior.
Some of the basic principles of the Code of Ethics include:
• To protect and promote the client’s interests, but be honest with all parties
• Avoid exaggeration, misrepresentation, and concealment of pertinent facts
• Disclose present or contemplated interest in any property to all parties
• Provide equal service to all clients and customers
• Be knowledgeable and competent in the fields of practice in which you ordinarily engage.
• Obtain assistance or disclose lack of experience if necessary
• Do not engage in the unauthorized practice of law
If you feel that the REALTOR(S)® involved in your transaction did not abide by the REALTOR® Code of Ethics, you may file a complaint.
COMPLAINT FORM | Click here to download.
Mediation and Arbitration Services
Even REALTORS® who are committed to high standards of conduct occasionally have honest business disputes with other professionals, clients or customers. Mediation is the best alternative to expensive, lengthy and unpredictable litigation. Each party has the opportunity to share their story and directly control their solution.