The Center for Disease Control (CDC) reports that most of the United States does not have an immediate risk of exposure to the Coronavirus (COVID-19). And we want to stay proactive here at CCAR, to keep it that way.
We know that we’re just now seeing the beginning with confirmed cases in South Carolina; and this means that this is the time to prepare, not panic. We are closely monitoring the COVID-19 and its potential impact on our local area, our headquarters, and our members.
Currently, we have not seen a major disruption to our business community, and we are hopeful that we will continue to see minimal disruption if we can all work together to take extra precautions.
As we’ve all read in the news, there are two basic ways to reduce exposure: make sure all surface areas are clean and, of course, regularly wash your hands. Here are some ways we are taking that to the next level at CCAR.
- Hand sanitizer stations at all events, classes and meetings
- Scheduling additional sanitization of classroom, counter, railings and handle surfaces
- Being sensitive to the need for in-person meetings and classes; alternative provisions provided when possible
- All travel to meetings for volunteers and staff is at their discretion
- Anyone exhibiting flu like symptoms, had known exposure to the virus or travelled outside the country in the past 14 days are asked to conduct business/volunteer remotely
A few precautions we advise you to consider as you conduct business with your customers and clients:
- Consider establishing alternatives to the traditional handshake with your clients and potential homebuyers, i.e., elbow “bumps,” bowing and nodding, and more.
- Take extra measures to sanitize your vehicle interior, doorknobs (car and home for sale), countertops of home for sales, lockboxes, and more.
- Have tissues and hand sanitizer on hand.
- Stay home from work if you or a family member is sick!
Your well-being is our primary concern and we believe these efforts will maintain a safe environment and allow us to continue to provide the highest level of service to you, our valued members!