The MLS Committee adopted changes to the CCAR Definition of a Conforming Bedroom (see below) (which can also be found under MLS Documents, MLS Definitions and Stipulations of Sale). This update has resulted in a listing input change to the Residential, Condo/Townhouse, Rental and Interval Ownership bedroom field as of March 26, 2020.
CCAR definition of a conforming bedroom
1. There must be room for a bed and chest and still able to move around the room. * †
2. There must be an interior door to close off the room from the rest of the dwelling.
3. There must be an exterior exit in the form of a window or another door.
4. If the exterior exit noted in #3 is a window, it must meet these specifications: **
a. At least 2’ x 3’
b. No higher than 44” off the ground floor level
c. No higher than 40” off the 2nd floor level
*The room does not have to have a closet but have enough room to fit a standalone type closet in the room.
**Window dimensions are in order to comply with fire code, one that is large enough for a person with an O2 tank on to be able to get into and out of the room.
Non-conforming bedrooms must still comply with #1 of the [conforming bedroom] definition. †
Properties that are an efficiency cannot be listed as a one bedroom [non-conforming].
In addition, the Bedroom field in Paragon will now be followed by a required drop-down field that reads as follows:
Incl. Non-Conforming Bedroom
If “Yes” is entered, the following statement is required in the Public Remarks: Not all bedrooms are conforming, contact Agent for full bedroom details.
MLS Committee indicated typical “non-conforming” bedrooms might include but are not limited to, a loft, a converted room without a window, or a bedroom window that is not an outside exit.
MLS Input forms are being updated to reflect this change.
ALSO STARTING FRIDAY, MARCH 27:
1) Single value square footage (Heated and Total) will now be required in listing input (instead of sold information). These are NOT new fields, only their placement has changed. Square footage ranges will no longer be required but will remain visible for 6 months (or less). Please update the square footage in all Active listings beginning 3/27/2020. If the listing is not updated, the system will force you to update when any other changes are made to the listing.
2) “Garage” is being added as a TYPE in Condo/Townhouse Class. If Garage is selected as the Type, many of the remaining fields in the Condo/Townhouse Class will not be applicable and will be hidden from view.
3) The CCAR Definition of a Bedroom has be revised per the MLS Committee. The new definition can be found in MLS Documents/”MLS Definitions and Stipulations of Sale”. Residential, Condo, Rental and Interval Ownership Input Forms will now include a field titled “Incl. Non-Conforming Bedrooms?”. Agents will have to respond “Yes” or “No”. If the response is “Yes”, a sentence must be added to Public Remarks as follows: Not all bedrooms are conforming, contact agent for full bedroom details.