What is RPAC?
WATCH THIS BRIEF RPAC VIDEO
RPAC stands for REALTORS® Political Action Committee. It exists exclusively to raise money for and contribute to candidates who support REALTOR® issues.
Whom does RPAC support?
RPAC supports pro-REALTOR® candidates. RPAC is nonpartisan and contributes to and works with candidates who are REALTOR® allies, regardless of the letter behind their names. In fact, RPAC is the largest political action committee in the state to be recognized as nonpartisan. Of your RPAC contribution, 70% is used to support state and local candidates in your area, while 30% is used to support federal candidates.
What is RPAC?
RPAC isn’t charity – it’s an investment.
REALTORS® are a key part of the American Dream – homeownership. That dream and the REALTOR® livelihood are under threat. REALTORS® face many looming encumbrances on their profession: property tax increases, lack of available financing, and burgeoning burdens on real estate transactions. Here in South Carolina, REALTORS® are faced with myriad issues on the legislation front including: an unfair property tax structure, a regulatory agency that spreads real estate license fees across other boards, diminishing the rights of property owners, and burdensome regulations that weigh down REALTORS® with more red tape. The stronger RPAC is, the stronger REALTORS® are to thwart these attacks on our industry.
How does RPAC raise money?
RPAC is a grassroots organization. It relies on REALTORS® just like you to survive and thrive. RPAC receives contributions of all sizes from REALTORS® from every corner of the state. Many REALTORS® contribute along with their annual dues. Others contribute separately (or again!) at RPAC events, in person at their local associations, or online. All RPAC contributions come directly from within the REALTOR® family and are used entirely to support REALTOR® candidates and causes.
Who manages RPAC?
South Carolina RPAC is governed by a Board of Trustees. Its composition is determined by South Carolina RPAC bylaws. Per the bylaws, the Board is composed of 19 members. Some Trustees serve in their capacity as a leader in the National Association of REALTORS®. Others are elected due to their role in local associations or as an “at-large” representative
*Contributions to RPAC are voluntary and are used for political purposes. The Association will not favor or disadvantage anyone by reason of the amount of their contribution, and you may refuse to contribute without reprisal by the Association. 70 percent of each contribution is used by your State RPAC to support state and local political candidates. The other 30 percent is sent to National RPAC to support Federal candidates and is charged against your limits under 2 U.S.C 441a. Contributions are not deductible for Federal income tax purposes.